The privacy and protection of your data is of great concern to us. This document describes any collection, usage and disclosure of personal information when using various services of our website. It also provides information about your rights and how they are protected.
Your Data Protection Rights
We handle your data in accordance with the European General Data Protection Regulation ("GDPR"), which gives people extensive rights with respect to how their personal data is collected and processed. These rights include:
- Right of access to the personal information we gather about you, and how we the share, store and process that information.
- Right to correction of your personal information.
- Right to erasure of your personal data from our servers.
- Right to complain with a supervisory authority about our handling of your data.
- Right to restrict processing of your personal information.
- Right to object to how your personal information is processed.
- Right to portability of your personal information over to you.
The data controller is the person or company responsible for the purposes and types of processing of personal data (e.g. name, e-mail-addresses, etc.). In case of our website that is:
Our website takes many technical measures to provide a secure transmission and storage of any collected data and to guard it against manipulation or unauthorized access. Any communication between your device, this website and any further backend services will be encrypted via SSL. You can verify the SSL-Encryption in your browser via the lock symbol in the address bar.
All data will be stored on servers of our our data processors. Collection and usage of this data is based on contracts with those processors according to Article 28 of the GDPR.
Our website uses so called "cookies", which are small text files processed and stored on your device by your web browser. They are used to store various types of information to enable certain functionality of our website.
Cookies may be set by our website itself ("first-party cookies"), or by third-party websites whose services we use (e.g. sending of emails or web analytics). On an initial visit to our site, only technically mandatory non-third-party cookies are used.
Most browsers allow their users to view and delete already set cookies. Furthermore, you can also configure your browser not to accept any cookies at all. But be aware that this will hinder our website from functioning properly.
First Party Cookies
Here is a complete overview of all technically mandatory "first-party-cookies" set by our website:
- The so called "Session" cookie allows our website to store and retrieve information about your current visit (e.g. the selected language or login-state).
- Written on
- Every visit
- End of session
Third Party Cookies
And these are the "third-party-cookies" set by using various parts of our website:
_ga, _gat, _gid
- These cookies are written by the web analytics tool, which allows us to understand and improve user experience and is used for statistical purposes. (For more info see the web analytics section.)
- Google Analytics (Google Ireland Limited)
- Written on
- Accepting the corresponding cookies
Data Collection, Processing and Usage
When visiting any website, your browser is automatically transmitting information to the server and infrastructure it is hosted on, to download the website and any additionally required resources (such as e.g. images or fonts). In our case these are provided by GitHub, Inc. or GitHub B.V. The transmitted information can include the following types of data:
- your device's IP (Internet Protocol) address,
- time, date and duration of your visit,
- visited pages,
- type, version and language of your browser and operating system.
This data is transmitted and logged automatically to ensure the connectivity and functionality of our website and enables us to evaluate and ensure its security and stability. The data is kept until the log is deleted. The collected data is essential for running and maintaining this website and is in no way used to identify or track you as a person. Data might be stored in the European Union or the United States and will be processed according to the "Privacy Shield" agreement between EU und USA and based on a data processing contract between us and GitHub, Inc. or GitHub B.V. Collection and processing of this data is in accordance with Article 6 (1) of the GDPR.
If you accept web analytics in the cookie notification, our website will forward log data to the service Google Analytics provided by Google Ireland Limited. This service is used to track and report website traffic for statistical purposes and to understand and improve how visitors are using our website. Any collected data will be pseudonymized (by deleting part of your IP address) and might be stored in the European Union or the United States. Any data will be processed according to the "Privacy Shield" agreement between EU und USA and based on a data processing contract between us and Google Ireland Limited. Data will be stored for the duration 26 months.
Please note, that no data will be transferred to Google Analytics at all, if you do not explicitly accept the cookie notification visible on the page on your first visit ("OPT-IN"). Data processing is therefor according to Article 6 (1a) of the GDPR.
Our website includes forms, that can be used to send us an e-mail. The form collects your name, e-mail-address as well other data. When submitting the form, this data will be transmitted via the service Sendinblue of our processor Sendinblue Inc. into our mailbox.
Our website includes links to other websites, which are not operated by us. When clicking such an outgoing link, you will be redirected there. We have no control over these websites and their privacy policies. Therefor we assume no responsibility regarding their content or behaviour. We recommend you check their privacy policies for details.
List of Processors
GitHub, Inc. or GitHub B.
- 2325 3rd Street, Suite 296, San Francisco, CA 94107, USA
- Data Categories
- Usage Data
Google Ireland Limited
- Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland, EU
- Data Categories
- Usage Data, Usage Statistics
- 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA
- Data Categories
- Usage Data, Geo Data
- Privacy Shield
- Sendinblue SAS - Politique de confidentialité 7 rue de Madrid, 75008 Paris, France email@example.com
- Data Categories
- Usage Data, Inventory Data